Google's profit increased seven-fold. Do you want to work there? Well here are 2 questions that they asked a friend of mine. What would you answer?
1. You have been shrunk down to the size of a nickel and tossed into a blender. You are told that the blender blades will start in 60 seconds.What would you do to save your life?
2. Design and describe a system/application that will most efficiently produce a report of the top 1 million Google search requests.These are the particulars.
* You are given 12 servers to work with. They are all dual-processor machines with 4Gb of RAM, 4x400GB hard drives and networked together.(Basically, nothing more than high-end PC's)
* The log data has already been cleaned for you. It consists of 100 Billion log lines, broken down into 12 320 GB files of 40-byte search terms per line.
* You can use only custom written applications or available free open-source software.